This no-knead bread recipe could just as easily be thrown in a pyrex bowl and baked in the oven, but I love a gimmick! When I heard that you can make fresh bread in a rice cooker I added a package of yeast to my regular grocery haul. The ingredients only set me back a few dollars and the end result is a crusty wheel of bread that exceeded my expectations by a long shot. Not only is it delicious with a dab of butter, but it has no sugar or preservatives.
Because it calls for quick rise years the bread only takes a little over an hour to make – with no dirty dishes!
No-Knead Bread Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose or bread flour
- 1½ cups water, hot
- 1 package quick-rise yeast (I used Fleischmann’s)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- Mix all the dry ingredients in your rice cooker
- Add hot water and stir until the mixture is wet and sticky
- Put on the rice cooker lid and set the dough aside until it bubbles (15 minutes)
- Spread some flour onto a cutting board and dump out the dough mixture
- Fold the dough over itself once or twice until you get a nice ball
- Coat the dough in olive oil and set it back into the rice cooker.
- Let this rise for another 15 minutes and then turn on the rice cooker.
- Cook for 10 minutes, pop out the bead and put it back into the rice cooker upside down for another 10 minutes.